Cover versions, samples, and borrowed melodies are of high relevance for creative and economic aspects in today's music business. However, the use of pre-existing musical material can often lead into uncertain and difficult legal areas where advice from a music expert is necessary.
We offer a comprehensive and professional service in all instances and situations regarding music copyright, such as plagiarism and sampling from pre-existing recordings.
expert witness reports, expert opinions, musical analyses (including exact measurements of musical similarity) as well as consulting for composers and the advertising industry.
- is always in line with the current international copyright and author rights legislations
- draws on the latest research in music cognition and musicology
- employs computational methods for music analysis and similarity measurement
- can be guaranteed to be delivered reliably, flexibly and on time.
Our “Unique Selling Position”:
- We work as a team complementing each other in terms of time resources and professioal skills.
- We make the most out of the synergies arising from our complementary competences incorporating
- research on derivative works and plagiarism
- computational and cognitive methods
- inside-knowledge of the music business
- vast knowledge of different musical repertoires
For our clients this means:
- Very short response times (generally within hours) and efficient processing of expert witness reports
- High-quality reliable results even in difficult or ambiguous cases.
Our clients are
- Music publishers
- Law firms
- Record companies
- Advertising agencies
- Media production companies and